Due to weather, the next CVWS General meeting on Thursday, January 16th has been cancelled.
News of note that would have been announced at the meeting:
From the North Island Writers Conference Committee:
To all conference attendees – for Saturday, Jan. 25th & Sunday, Jan. 26th
- Wear warm clothing (layer). Classrooms can be chilly, as NIC turns down the heat on weekends.
- Coffee and tea will be available throughout the weekend. Think about bringing your own mug, although cups will be available there.
- There is no lunch facility at the college during the conference. We suggest you bring your own lunch or plan to go to one of many food outlets in the area: Tim Horton’s, Starbucks, MacDonald’s, Subway, Thrifty’s, etc.
- The Words on the Water draw will take place at the conference opening on Friday evening, Jan. 24th. If you are interested, submit your name to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, Jan, 20th.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If you are a CVWS member who would like to sell one or more of your books, here’s how:
- Select 5 copies each of up to 3 titles.
- Insert a slip of paper inside the front cover of each book with your name, title and price. Please round the price off to the nearest dollar.
- Include your biography sheet, bookmarks or business cards, if you have them.
- Deliver to the book selling table near the conference check-in at 8:15 a.m. on Saturday.
- Pick up any remaining books at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, along with your envelope of book sale proceeds.
Questions about book sales? Contact email@example.com